RFC3848 and ESMTPA in Receiver header

From: J4K
Subject: RFC3848 and ESMTPA in Receiver header
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:14:13 +0200

Morning everyone,

    Whilst trying to debug a spammer, or potential misconfiguration in
my SA/postfix set-up, I noticed this in the spam header:
(Exim 4.69) (envelope-from ) id 1MMY4Z-6815vh-KW for <address@hidden>;
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:05:42 +020*

The ESMTPA noted in the header stuck me as strange.  1) Does this mean
that spammer authenticated with an smtp-auth username and password?

2) Is there an SA rule that would subtract points if this is seem in a
header ( I didn't think so)?

3) Would the Spam-Assassin Milter give this a free ride?  It would if it
had the -I option, but mine does not.
    -I      Ignores messages if the sender has authenticated via SMTP AUTH.

Current programme called as:
/usr/sbin/spamass-milter -P /var/run/spamass/spamass.pid -f -p
/var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock -u nobody -e xxx.co.uk -M -r 12
-i 127.0.0.1 -- -s 1050000

Regards, S.

>From http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3848.txt

1.  IANA Considerations

   As directed by SMTP [2], IANA maintains a registry [7] of "WITH
   protocol types" for use in the "with" clause of the Received header
   in an Internet message.  This registry presently includes SMTP [6],
   and ESMTP [2].  This specification updates the registry as follows:

   o  The new keyword "ESMTPA" indicates the use of ESMTP when the SMTP
      AUTH [3] extension is also used and authentication is successfully
      achieved.