stratagus-devel

[Stratagus-devel] Re: what is the URL for downloading the DemoGame?

From: Martin Renold
Subject: [Stratagus-devel] Re: what is the URL for downloading the DemoGame?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:10:27 +0200

Hi,

Demogame has no release yet, but lives as a stratagus cvs module:
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/stratagus login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/stratagus co demogame

Read the demogame/README for further instructions.

Demogame should be playground for engine experiments and a place to
document the features (in ccl comments and READMEs). At the moment it is
just the same as aleona, but with my NEW_UI modifications (button hooks)
and some minor simplifications.

Save/Load is broken with NEW_UI and the button hooks will change or be
removed again in the future (ccl scripting causes some headaches,
especially together with the "save-everything" mentality).

I had in mind that only one full-blown race should exist in demogame for
easy maintainance, but it is very difficult to remove even a single,
unittype. So the ultimate challenge would be to remove a whole race :)

bye,
Martin