straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] network constant values

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] network constant values
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:19:15 +1100

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 09:07, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> Skadz pointed out that for him things work a lot better with a
> POLL_INTERVAL of 2000 and 24 MAX_CONNECTIONS. I would have thought that
> the UI would suffer if POLL_INTERVAL was that low, but at least here I
> can't notice a problem. It could be because my computer is rather
> powerful, or it could be that I just guessed wrong.
>
> How about you others?

It would probably suffer if straw's using the old parser. But *I think*
we should set it a bit higher, like 4000, which is more sane, and the
default for 0.19.x anyways :) Imagine straw checking the poll queue
every 2 secs even if you set POLL_FREQUENCY to poll every half a day or
something..

--
  .''`.   Jan Alonzo    <jmalonzo at spaceants dot org>
 : :' :         "A coincidence is a scientific anomaly"