straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Bugs

From: Ryan P Skadberg
Subject: [Straw-devel] Bugs
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:17:31 -0500

So, I was going through the bug list today, seeing what could be closed,
adding some new ones, etc.

A bunch of duplicate/same type of thing bugs that should be cleaned up:

a) Poll Frequency / Article Storage per feed.  A number of people have
requested this, I think it would be a huge plus.  Bugs that say part or
all of this, which should just be consolidated in to one:

2975
4873
4964

4964 is the one that should be kept.

b) Problems with entities.  Straw doesn't handle entities (&,
Õ, etc) in Feed titles in the feed list or in article titles in the
article list.

2815
6179

6179 is more specific, so probably should be kept.

c) UTF-8 characters not displayed correctly in Straw.  I've seen this,
puts a funky character (looks like a box with 4 numbers in it) instead
of the correct UTF-8 character.

2147
4859

4859 should be kept.

d) Categories / Newsfeed Tree.  Whatever you want to call it :)  This is
basically just making folders that you can put feeds in to.  The one
thing that I want to see besides just the ability for folders is for a
"roll up" type functionality.  By that, I mean, I would like to see the
folder clickable and then show ALL of the articles from the feeds in
that folder.  This would make it real easy to read all the Linux
articles at once or something like that.

4486
5377
5535 - this could easily be implemented in such a system as I described

5377 should be kept, probably add some notes about making sure there is
a top level folder that could be clicked on to show everything.

I think those are the 4 issues I see that currently have multiple bugs
against them.

Skadz

 Ryan P Skadberg                          E: address@hidden
 The Stigmata Organization                U: http://www.stigmata.org/
  GPG fingerprint = 0B97 F771 E7D2 69B2 FF5C  5693 4E25 7E77 DEF0 CA4B