straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] module_check in setup.py

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] module_check in setup.py
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:18:34 +0200

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 00:10, Terje Rosten wrote:
> It uses the imp module on modules which requires the $DISPLAY variable
> and simply check if the glade.so file exists in the correct path
> without loading the gtk.glade module.
>
> Too ugly?

In this case, I don't really care about ugly, it's an implementation
detail of a completely standalone piece of code. So it's ok by me,
thanks for the patch. The only thing that worries is me is that can we
rely on glade.so to be there? Well, maybe we can. And I'm sure someone
will tell us if they have a strange enough installation that it isn't
there...

Jan, could you commit this to your mainline? I'll integrate it next week
(well, unless I somehow manage to have time tomorrow evening, which
seems unlikely) before I release 0.22.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]