streamtuner-misc

Re: xmms and xiph and live365

From: Douglas Hitchcock
Subject: Re: xmms and xiph and live365
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:15:20 -0500

hmm..

could you try this command?  when I do this

xmms "http://www.kqlz.org/streams/ogg1.pls";

I get xmms, a "Play files" dialog, and the message "Directory
unreadable: No such file or directory"  That's the exact same thing
that happens when I double click on it streamtuner too.

if I say

wget "http://www.kqlz.org/streams/ogg1.pls";
xmms ogg1.pls

then that works....

If that first way works for you, then I have a bum xmms I guess!  I
just assumed that XMMS didn't take URLs because of the M3U thing (I
thought maybe was some sort of work around) and the gnome MIME thing
for it says X Multimedia System (No URIs)  I don't really know WHAT
that means, but it seemed suspicous :)

doug