streamtuner-misc

Personal Digital Audio Recorder

From: Alex Lynch
Subject: Personal Digital Audio Recorder
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:58:48 -0500

Hello,

I have been wondering if it is not possible to expand the capabilities of StreamTuner to include something like a Tivo for music.
It might work something like this:
The user would supply a list of artists and a list of song titles. He then tells StreamTuner to start looking for those names in the stream directories that are currently being managed. Whenever a stream is found that is playing a song that the user wants, StreamRipper is used to download the single song and then exits.

To search the stream directories for specific songs would require StreamTuner to update is stream listing ever few seconds, discard the streams that do not supply a "now playing" title, and optionally discard stream whose "now playing" title does not conform to the common Artist Name - Song Name format.

My question is, is this possible to do in StreamTunner?
Would updating the stream directory place too great a load on the directory servers?
Is it possible to have songs by request on StreamTuner?

Thanks in advance,

Alex