streamtuner-misc

Help to cleanup code (nonprogrammer) Wrapper scripts to play/record rstp

From: Gerhard Gaußling
Subject: Help to cleanup code (nonprogrammer) Wrapper scripts to play/record rstp and asf streams
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:02:20 +0200

Hello,

I discovered last weekend streamtuner, and im quite happy to have now
access to my favorite radios, and an to overwhelming number of
radiostations worldwide!

I discovered, that I'm not able to record one of my favorite radio
station called "Funkhaus Europa", because the stream it as windows
media stream (asx/asf) or rstp/realaudio (real4 I guess) only.

mplayer is capable to play and dump such streams.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Coder/Programmer, but I managed it to write
some wrapper scripts for streamtuner.

I guess that the code I wrote is very ugly, and I invie everybody to
clean up and improve that working peace of wrapper script!

 Features:

The scripts detect which sort of media to play, and decide to use the
capable player/recorder.

Player (sreamplay)
*.asx and *.asf are played  by vlc
  rtsp*|*.rm|*.ram|*.ra|*.smil|mms* are played by gmplayer.
the rest is for xmms.

Recorder (streamrec)
rtsp*|*.rm|*.ram|*.ra|*.smil is ripped by mplayer -dumpfile
mms/asf |*.asf|*.asx streams are riipped by mplayer, too.
everything else is ripped by streamripper.

The files are stored, named by the -identify option, as
$VALUE0/address@hidden +_%F_%H.
%MUhr`.mp3

It would be fine to add a switch for encoding with lame or oggenc,
though ;-)

You'll find the shellscripts 'streamplay' and 'streamrec' attached and
zipped.

I added them into streamtuner like this:
/path-to-the-script/streamplay %q
/path-to-the-script/streamrec %q

I hope someone who knows scripting could help to improve the code.

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling