[STUMP] Witness the heresy

From: Magnus Henoch
Subject: [STUMP] Witness the heresy
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:14:51 +0200

Screenshot at http://w1.312.comhem.se/~u31227643/taskbar.png

What you see is Stumpwm, with Firefox, Emacs and rxvt in frames, and
fbpanel at the bottom.  You can either switch between the windows in
the normal Stumpwm way, or just click on the taskbar if you're a
rodent kind of person.  (just to make it clear: the taskbar is an
external program)

The code for this is in my Netwm branch as I described a few days
ago.  I've put a patch from CVS to this version at
http://w1.312.comhem.se/~u31227643/stumpwm-netwm.patch .

More specifically, my version of Stumpwm treats windows defining
themselves as "dock" windows specially.  It lets them allocate
"struts", or areas along the borders of the screen.  It doesn't yet
reclaim that space when the dock is terminated; you have to restart
Stumpwm to get that.

Dock windows are not assigned to any frame.  You can pull them into a
frame using C-t 2 or whatever number, but then you can't get them
back, so don't do that.

Regards,
Magnus