Re: [STUMP] Problems with Modifiers like ISO_Level3_Shift or Mode_switch

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Problems with Modifiers like ISO_Level3_Shift or Mode_switch
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:10:43 -0800

On Sep 8, 2007 9:46 AM, Oliver Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello!
There seems to be a problem with the way, StumpWM handles modifiers
and Unicode characters:
Let AltGr be an ISO_Level3_Shift-Modifier and AltGr-s evaluate to ?,
then C-t AltGr-s fails but pops up a message that says C-t
ISO_Level3_Shift is not bound (-> stumpwm does not recognize it as a
modifier).
For this particular issue there is already a workaround in the FAQ,
thanks to male on the IRC.
Other dialogs have the very same problem:
AltGr-t for me evaluates to -, so if I wanted to read the
documentation for parse-integer, I would enter
C-t h f parse[AltGr-t]integer.
Upon hitting AltGr, the dialog blinks. Then hitting "t" enters a literal
"t" instead of "-".
The same is true for Unicode characters such as "„", which is mapped
on Shift-8 for me and using a Mode_switch modifier instead of
ISO_Level3_Shift.
It is probably no Xorg problem, as the modifiers work great with
ratpoison, Emacs (20.7.1 and 22.1.1) and actually everything but
stumpwm.
I'm using stumpwm as of todays Anon-CVS, sbcl 1.0.9 on a
FreeBSD 7.0-current system.

This should be fixed in the git repo.

-Shawn