Re: [STUMP] Logitech G15 keyboard keysyms

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Logitech G15 keyboard keysyms
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 08:35:27 -0600

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:45:17 -0200 TC-Rucho <address@hidden> wrote:

T> Hello list,
T>      I just installed Stumpwm for the first time today, found that my G keys
T> were not working, actually, Prefix h k did not show anything since
T> stumpwm uses keysyms instead of keycodes to handle keys.
T>      I should say that there are at least 2 versions of the G15 keyboard,
T> one I'm aware of is an azerty keyboard with blue backlight, and the
T> other (the one I have) has a qwerty layout with orange backlight.
T> Anyway, what I needed here was a keysym for every special key so used
T> the XF86Launch and Audio keysyms that should be available on every box.

T>      As of now, all these keys are perfectly working and labeled Gx.

T>      I'm sending the snippet of code I used to get these working, I know
T> it's not done the right way but since I couldn't get
T> XLIB:CHANGE-KEYBOARD-MAPPING working in time I just used xmodmap.

T>      About the snippet usage, well, just add
T> (load #P"path/to/g15conf.lisp")  in your .stumpwmrc and you're ready to
T> go.

Have you seen contrib/g15-keysyms.lisp?  I submitted it with the M* and
LCD* buttons as well.  I use the g15daemon program to feed the keysyms
to Linux; are you doing it differently?

My G15 keyboard has the blue backlight (orange behind the scroll
lock/caps lock/num lock indicators) and a QWERTY layout.  I don't know
the full lineup of models, I thought they were all QWERTY.

T> PD: If anyone has a working example of how to use
T> XLIB:CHANGE-KEYBOARD-MAPPING I'll be glad to see it and to rewrite the
T> code snippet using that instead of xmodmap. (hints are also welcome)

Sorry, I haven't done this.

Ted