Re: [STUMP] Time fix

From: Ivy Foster
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Time fix
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:00:20 -0600

On 06 Dec 2008, at  6:08 pm +0100, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:
> TC-Rucho schrieb:
> > Since it makes more sense to have %m as minute and %M as month
> > I chaged the translation table rather than the functions.

> I don't like this patch as it violates the principle of least
> surprise. In strftime(3) and date(1), "%M" is minute and "%m" is
> month. The formats for time should be consistent on a system.

Seconded. And for the record, the reasons you cite are exactly the
reasons that choice was made in the first place. (It was also the
default behavior back in the days of time-lambda, and I can confirm
from something I've been looking into that that's also the default for
at least one other cl package (cl-l10n)).

That's not to denigrate the OP's work and thought, of course! (Kudos
on those.)

Anyway, just my 2ยข.

Ivy

--
                If I Ever Become An Evil Villainess...
61. If my advisers ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad