Re: [STUMP] Is there a more user oriented stump group

From: Carlos Konstanski
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Is there a more user oriented stump group
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:32:09 -0700 (MST)

Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:02:48 +0100
From: David Hansen <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:24:06 -0600 Harry Putnam wrote:

I found only this one stump related group on gmane.  I want to ask
some pretty basic questions, is this the place for it?

I'll ask only this one until I hear back.

I don't mind.  I doubt anyone will become mad if users ask for advice
here.

I think I notice my .Xdefault/.Xresources files being ignored.

Put "xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources" in your ~/.Xsession or whatever script
is run when you start an X session.

David

It does seem a little strange that .Xdefaults is not being loaded on a
gentoo box.  If I come across the place where gentoo handles this,
I'll report.  I notice that you called yours .Xdefault.  Maybe try
adding the s at the end?

Something like the following in your .Xdefaults file will make it
obvious whether the file is being loaded.  If you get a black xterm
with white text, you are good to go (replace the font with your own):

XTerm*font: -lispm-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
XTerm*background: #000000
XTerm*foreground: #ffffff
XTerm*cursorColor: #ffffff
XTerm*vt100*metaSendsEscape: true

Your font was misc-fixed, right?  Maybe it's not different enough from
the X11 default to be readily noticeable.  Check the format of the
font string with xfontsel.

Carlos