[STUMP] OpenOffice 3.0 intercepts keyboard events?

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: [STUMP] OpenOffice 3.0 intercepts keyboard events?
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:03:54 +0500

Having upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to 9.04, I noticed some weird things
that sometimes happen with OpenOffice under StumpWM. When OpenOffice
is invoked (with 'oocalc' or 'oowrite' command or by clicking on an
email attachment or in any other way), spash screen is displayed, but
the main window sometimes opens in the background. I mean, the window
appears in the window list and I can switch to it, but it does not
become the current-window. Moreover, after I switch to this window, I
cannot leave it, because OO does not pass keyboard events to StumpWM,
processing them in its own way.

Still, in some cases OpenOffice starts in a normal way, with the main
window becoming the current-window, and then the keyboard events are
sent to the WM. The behavior is seemingly random. Another program that
sometimes works similarly is rdesktop, but I'm not sure as yet whether
this is the same problem.

Did anyone experience similar problems?

Stumpwm version: 0.9.6-git, Compiled On Wed Jul  01 11:37:13
Compiled with sbcl 1.0.21.