Re: [STUMP] Fwd: Help wanted for custom window property, define-window-

From: Sharad Pratap
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Fwd: Help wanted for custom window property, define-window-slot, run-or-raise
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 11:40:43 +0530

Hi Shawn,

I taken stumpwm by git from  git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/stumpwm.git
and I am able to find contrib/window-tags.lisp

But I really wanted to know is this now also main stumpwm development branch,
where development is taking place,
so I will prepare patch over it.
I wanted to do addition in stumpwm.

I also seen other site like
https://www.ohloh.net/p/stumpwm
and lot of people's stumpwm branchs on github.com
* Do I need to be member of ohloh.net ?

And one more thing avaliable stumpwm-latest.tar is outdated from git check out,
as name "latest" used I have taken it for I must be equal to git check out.

why new version not coming after 9.5 it very much outdated.
I seen in ww.ohloh.net Decreasing year-over-year development activity

I think new people choose to first use native distribution packages (deb, rpm)
after that tar, at last git checkout, in outdated tar there is not that much new
features, so people loosing interest, and new peoples are not added in project.

I have started to learn common-lisp, when I seen stumpwm, CLOS is remain
left to learn, in few days I will cover it.

And in git checkout I seen lot of thing, like long before wrapper.lisp, in it `execv'
which you asked me to prepare patch, but I were not able to find exec in sb-alien,
and not having completed CLOS part my lisp skill was not good.

-sharad

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
> Er. After the Savannah crash Shawn said that the module will be synced
> up once Savannah is back up. It even was in Svannah repo briefly. No
> reasons for choice between contrib/ and src/ were given, but I agree
> that "contrib-by-default" is reasonable.
>
> Now the module is not there. So I attach a copy. Shawn, this copy
> supersedes all the previous ones.

It's in contrib/ and named window-tags.lisp. If there are changes
you'd like to push, please send me a patch!

-Shawn