[STUMP] Patch to STUMPWM::FORMAT-EXPANDER in primitives.lisp

From: Adlai Chandrasekhar
Subject: [STUMP] Patch to STUMPWM::FORMAT-EXPANDER in primitives.lisp
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:33:48 +0200 (IST)

Greetings, fellow tilers of windows!

I've written a little patch for a friend, that enables the use of ^ after a number in a format expansion string (such as *SCREEN-MODE-LINE-FORMAT* or *WINDOW-FORMAT*) to trim from the left, instead of the right.

I picked the #\^ character because it's fairly standard for an end-of-string anchor, because of its use in perl-compatible regex. I considered using one of the FORMAT modify characters, but since format expansion strings aren't format strings, I ended up settling with this.

Thoughts? Comments? Cookies? Flames? Patch attached.

The patch was made against commit 95c420e6214908d96e08eeed27bb7a1ee0d103bf from the official git repo. I've made a commit in my local repo, so I could push this myself if that's more convenient.

Happy Hacking,
Adlai