Re: [STUMP] battery-portable depends on deprecated current_now

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] battery-portable depends on deprecated current_now
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:11:10 +0100

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 09:25:04AM +0200, Daniel Borchmann wrote:
> I recently realized that the battery-portable module depends on the file
> current_now, which is supposed to be exported by the Linux kernel. If
> I'm not mistaken, this file has been deprecated around 2.6.30 and does
> not exist anymore in 2.6.38 (at least). Instead, power_now is now
> exported which should take the same value. Using it may fix this issue.
>
> (Please test this, I've made this changes on another computer and just
> rewrote it out of memory)

Hi Daniel,

Pushed, thanks.  Note that this will only do the right thing if the
kernel supplies a combination of either (power, energy) or (current,
charge).  Otherwise the value for time remaining will be nonsensical.
I've no idea whether this can happen - from what I can tell, the
values made available depend on the particular hardware rather than
the kernel version.

Ben