[STUMP] StumpWM with ECL on ARM

From: Wojciech Meyer
Subject: [STUMP] StumpWM with ECL on ARM
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 13:44:41 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to get the StumpWM running on my smartbook. I've got ecl
running using a distro package (Ubuntu 12.04). I successfully compiled
stumpwm resulting the executable image on the target machine. I don't
have much experience with ecl, and not a seasoned CL hacker.

When I ran ./stumpwm I got:
====
$ ./stumpwm

Package ((ASDF . #<ASDF package>)) referenced in compiled file
  NIL
but has not been created
Available restarts:

1. (IGNORE) Ignore the error, and try the operation again

Top level in: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.
====

So looks like the asdf package is missing at the dynamic link time. I
tried to point the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the right place, but perhaps
that's something different.

BTW: I don't have much problems running StumpWM under other CL, it just
ECL supports ARM. Normally I ran stumpwm on a desktop with sbcl. So if
anybody knows how to make any other cl working with ARM it would be good.

ECL 11.1.1
armhf v7
StumpWM git

- Wojciech