Re: [STUMP] Intuitive Resize Patch

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Intuitive Resize Patch
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:52:01 -0700

Burton,

Thanks, I do find your resizing behavior to be much more intuitive.

I think your patch introduces two style warnings, the first one seems
to be serious.

; file: /home/scott/src/stumpwm/iresize.lisp
; in: DEFUN SET-RESIZE-INCREMENT
;     (STUMPWM::UPDATE-RESIZE-MAP)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   The function was called with zero arguments, but wants exactly six.

; in: DEFCOMMAND (IRESIZE TILE-GROUP)
;     (LET* ((STUMPWM::GROUP (STUMPWM:CURRENT-GROUP))
;            (STUMPWM::FRAME (STUMPWM::TILE-GROUP-CURRENT-FRAME STUMPWM::GROUP))
;            (STUMPWM::HEAD-FRAME
;             (STUMPWM::FRAME-HEAD STUMPWM::GROUP
;                                  (STUMPWM::TILE-GROUP-CURRENT-FRAME
;                                   STUMPWM::GROUP)))
;            (STUMPWM::DX (STUMPWM::FRAME-X STUMPWM::HEAD-FRAME))
;            (STUMPWM::DH (STUMPWM::FRAME-HEIGHT STUMPWM::HEAD-FRAME))
;            (STUMPWM::DW (STUMPWM::FRAME-WIDTH STUMPWM::HEAD-FRAME))
;            (STUMPWM::FX (- (STUMPWM::FRAME-X STUMPWM::FRAME) STUMPWM::DX))
;            (STUMPWM::FY (STUMPWM::FRAME-Y STUMPWM::FRAME))
;            (STUMPWM::FH (STUMPWM::FRAME-HEIGHT STUMPWM::FRAME))
;            (STUMPWM::FW (STUMPWM::FRAME-WIDTH STUMPWM::FRAME)))
;       (IF (ATOM
;            (STUMPWM::TILE-GROUP-FRAME-HEAD STUMPWM::GROUP
;                                            (STUMPWM::FRAME-HEAD STUMPWM::GROUP
;
STUMPWM::FRAME)))
;           (STUMPWM:MESSAGE "There's only 1 frame!")
;           (PROGN
;            (WHEN STUMPWM:*RESIZE-HIDES-WINDOWS* (DOLIST # #))
;            (STUMPWM:MESSAGE "Resize Frame")
;            (STUMPWM::UPDATE-RESIZE-MAP STUMPWM::FX STUMPWM::FY STUMPWM::FH
;                                        STUMPWM::FW STUMPWM::DH STUMPWM::FW)
;            (STUMPWM::PUSH-TOP-MAP STUMPWM:*RESIZE-MAP*)
;            (STUMPWM::DRAW-FRAME-OUTLINES STUMPWM::GROUP
(STUMPWM:CURRENT-HEAD)))))
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   The variable DW is defined but never used.

Scott