Re: [STUMP] Using run-or-raise to manage pre-configured windows in atmux

From: J. David Smith
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Using run-or-raise to manage pre-configured windows in atmux session
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 11:15:03 -0400

@Michael Raskin: that'll send the command to a *new* shell, not the existing mlterm session.

Bjergaard's solution works -- at least with urxvt.

Here is a sample that runs ls in a non-emacs urxvt client window:

(defcommand ls () ()
            (run-or-raise "urxvtc" '(:class "URxvt" :title "^(?!emacs)"))
            (window-send-string (format nil "ls~%")))

Using (format nil "ls~%") is necessary, the C-style "ls\n" will not work.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Michael Raskin <address@hidden> wrote:
>Is it possible to set (run-or-raise), that when a keybinding calls a function that excutes it, will go to my configured mlterm, and then run the command like "tmux select-window mutt" after raising the current mlterm session?  StumpWM is pretty fast as it is, but this would make StumpWM the best experience I ever had on Linux.
>
>I am sure this is going to be a macro of some kind and is most certainly not default behavior.  Any pointers would be very welcome.  If anyone has done this, or knows someone who has, I would love a link to any .stumpwmrc file.

If I understand you correcly, you need run-or-raise and then
run-shell-command in the defcommand body.

(defcommand something () ()
  "Description"
  (run-or-raise …)
  (run-shell-command "tmux …")