[STUMP] bubble-window.lisp

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: [STUMP] bubble-window.lisp
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:48:08 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a bubble-window functionality for stumpwm -
similar to my bubble-buffer.el for emacs
(http://www.xsteve.at/prg/emacs/bubble-buffer.el)

It works like this:
* I build a window-stack that is always sorted (the most recent seen window on
top)
* The bubble-window-next command allows to bubble up a window from this
window-stack
  (without re-ordering the window-stack)
* bubble-window-prev does it in the opposite direction when you have
  gone one step to far by using bubble-window-next

I want to display some information about the next windows on the window-stack
when I execute the bubble-window-* functions.
However this does not work very well.
I experimented with a lot of tricks, however: the displayed text
disappears almost immediatly.

It seems to be related to the focus-all function. The (echo "next")/(echo
"prev")
function calls should stay as long as default messages stay.

Does someone have an idea, what is causing this behaviour?

I also would love to contribute this functionality to stumpwm.

Stefan.