Re: [STUMP] Stump, Emacs and X selection.

From: Dimitri Minaev
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stump, Emacs and X selection.
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 11:10:31 +0400

Milan,

Thank you very much for the idea. It doesn't seem to be general
enough, but it might work with Firefox. I planned to extend that
command to support other applications. So, in Thunderbird we can get a
link to the current message with Thunderlink extension. In Okular the
current document and the page number may be obtained via dbus -- an
awkward but sometimes useful contraption. That Stumpwm command works
with any program supporting X selections -- xterm, mutt, vim, Skype,
etc. They may have different ways to get the metadata, if any, but the
selected piece of text will be there, available for any other program.
I'm not yet sure if the same can be done using org-protocol.
Thunderbird does support it, but Okular, from what I can tell, does
not.