Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm-devel Digest, Vol 136, Issue 9

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm-devel Digest, Vol 136, Issue 9
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:21:32 +0300

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:00:19PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> > > making the project more future proof.
> >
> > That is very unfortunate, as I used CLISP. I guess I will continue
> > using the latest supported version.
> >

> I don't want you to think I'm trying to tell you what to do, but CLISP is
> pretty much abandonware and hasn't had a release in about 7 years.
>
> Are there any particular reasons you can't use SBCL?
>
> Regards,
> Elias

Not sure if my email went out, due to network breaking on my side.

CLISP has readline built-in, it is well documented and GNU project,
similar like GCL (which I currently cannot compile). I do not miss
myself any feature, that is very specific personal opinion, you may
loose it.

Matter is similar to choice of the shell, like zsh, bash, or something
like that. I use CLISP often as main "shell" and working environment.

Jean