summer-of-code

Google Summer of Code 2012 (reimplementation of GNU Gama observations' c

From: Ales Cepek
Subject: Google Summer of Code 2012 (reimplementation of GNU Gama observations' classes based on acyclic visitor pattern)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:22:02 -0500

One of my students (Vaclav Petras) contacted me with an idea of
reimplementing observation classes in mathematical model of network
adjustment based on acyclic visitor pattern for GNU Gama
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gama/). As the maintainer of the GNU Gama
package I am a likely candidate to become a mentor for the project and
what is more important I highly support the idea.

I believe that the suggestion is reasonably self-contained, can be
completed in the two month available and has a mentor who can provide
the guidance needed (as stated in
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/guidelines.html).

Please, can you tell me if the suggested topic is acceptable for GNU
Project suggestions as in
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2011.html. Is a similar
list going to be compiled for 2012? Am I right that Vaclav should send
the proposal to address@hidden himself? Also I am not sure
about deadlines.

Thanks in advance for the advice
Ales