summer-of-code

Re: Do i see correctly that GNU wasn't accepted for GSoC 2012? :(

From: Micah Cowan
Subject: Re: Do i see correctly that GNU wasn't accepted for GSoC 2012? :(
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:31:45 -0700

On 03/16/2012 01:18 PM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> Do i see correctly that GNU wasn't accepted for GSoC 2012? :(
> Sorry for asking such a stupid question but i don't quite believe my eyes.
>
> Janek

That agrees with what I see, too (or don't see).

Perhaps they realized that we didn't have a firm org admin lined up - if
so, I'm sure that could have had something to do with it. And it's not
like this is a private list. :)

I don't know whether they make a point of contacting org admins to
inform them as to why they didn't make it in (or even that they didn't
make it in - I believe they usually expect orgs to just check the list),
but I suspect it's worth whoever submitted the app, pinging them to find
out more. Especially if it turned out to be an accidental oversight or
something like that.

-mjc