summer-of-code

Some questions on a proposal

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Some questions on a proposal
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 02:28:58 +0400

Hi,

"Putting your full name on the proposal is not enough. Provide full
contact information, including email addresses, websites, IRC nick,
postal address and telephone number. Also provide full contact
information for a friend or relative that the organization can contact
to find you in case of emergency." [1]

Is this really needed (postal address, full contact information for a friend)?
I've seen a successfull proposal with a name and location information only.

What do you mean by "summary"? [2]
Should it include a suggestion from this page [3] and my comment?

What do you mean by this: "and how the mid-term evaluationof your
project will be made"? [2]
Should I describe some tasks which can be finished before the mid-term
evaluation?

Will it be enough to follow this template [2] or there is a need for additional
information?

What is the perfect size for the proposal? I'm thinking about two
pages: one for the plan and another one for the rest.

[1] http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/ch008_writing-a-proposal/
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/gnu
[3] http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2012.html

Cheers