summer-of-code

Re: Savane and GSOC

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Savane and GSOC
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 21:58:18 +0200

    > More seriously - this is certainly a good-willed initiative, but
    > launching an action independently of the related project is
    > irresponsible:

    GNU is very loosely coupled.

That is something we want to fix.

    > - The Savane/Savannah/Gna! people have other plans to resurrecting the
    >  Python/Django rewrite

    Ideas are great, but code is better, and I don't see any code, nor
    even a webpage about it. And I like Python and Django.

Can you please get in touch with them?  It would be a pity to expend a
SoC slot in an activity that could be never integrated in savane, nor
used in Savannah.

Michael, what do you think about this?  You are the Savannah maintainer
so IMO you must have the last word about whether we must include this
project under the GNU SoC umbrella.

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org