summer-of-code

Re: [IMPORTANT] Vote proposals

From: Giuseppe Scrivano
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Vote proposals
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:11:10 +0200

Hi,

The deadline is getting closer!  The current allocated slots are:

org, clisp, automake, gnutls, bison,gnucap, hurd (x 2), gnowsys,
recutils, octave (x 2), emacs, gnash, lilypond, gnustep, wget, gnutls,
kawa, guile; for a total of 20 slots out of 27 available.

The criterion used to allocate the remaining slots is to pick the TOTAL
score, in this way bigger projects will have an advantage as they have
more mentors registered to vote on Melange.  But with the "amazing"
proposals allocation we have already given an opportunity to all the
projects which applied.  In case more proposals have the same total
score and not all of them can be included, we will look at the average
score; if also the average score is the same, then we can ask for help
to /dev/random.

Note that Octave has got an additional slot because they negotiated the
donation of a slot from another org.

We have a duplicate proposal and we are already in touch with the other
organization and the student to sort it out.

Please consider tomorrow (Thursday) 16:00 UTC as a deadline to vote on
Melange so me and Jose will have some time to go trough all the
applications and do last checks.

Thanks!
Giuseppe