summer-of-code

Re: GSOC2013 ClassPath, Port The GTK+ AWT to Gtk+3

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: GSOC2013 ClassPath, Port The GTK+ AWT to Gtk+3
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 17:26:37 +0200

On Sat, 2013-04-13 at 11:40 +0200, Mario Torre wrote:
> In addition to Andrew's links, I think that you should also checkout
> IcedTea and try to compile it, and familiarise with the Gtk look and
> feel in OpenJDK as well.

Are you sure that is really that helpful?
The AWT implementation in IcedTea is not based on GTK+.

It is always fun to play with even more projects. And you will always
learn something from it. But you might want to be a bit more specific
about what to look for/learn from it that will be helpful when the goal
is porting the GNU Classpath AWT peers to GTK+.

Cheers,

Mark