summer-of-code

Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018

From: Dashamir Hoxha
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:48:12 +0100

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 3:22 PM, Dashamir Hoxha <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 2:37 PM, Giuseppe Scrivano <address@hidden> wrote:

is OwnMailbox a GNU project?  I cannot find it anywhere.

It is not, but I don't see why it should not be.
As far as I know, it is fully committed to Free Software and Free Hardware.

Actually Pierre is the initiator and the main developer,
so maybe I should let him speak about this.

If it has to be a GNU package, as described here: https://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html
in order to be supported, it certainly does not fit the description,
because it is not a "package".

But if there is a concept like "GNU affiliated project", or "GNU supported project",
it certainly can be.

Or maybe some other organizations are more suitable for supporting this kind
of projects. For example if FSF or EEF participate in GSoC maybe they could
support this project.
I also beleive that Debian would be willing to support it on GSoC.
If you have any suggestions please let us know.

Thanks,
Dashamir