summer-of-code

Re: [gnu-soc] Asking about GNU Taler

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] Asking about GNU Taler
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 15:25:33 +0100

Dear Aayush,

please subscribe to it and ask questions there.

For the store integration, the idea is that you select a (reasonably
popular) free software Web shop and then follow the tutorials on "store
integration" which are available at https://docs.taler.net/ (the two
items in the first line under "Merchant frontend").

For the Payment/Donation buttons, you might want to start by reading
https://grothoff.org/christian/taler2016space.pdf ; the high-level idea
is then to minimize the impact on the merchant's (static) Web site and
to have a separate Web service to make it easy to externalize all of the
dynamic logic (inventory / # items available, purchase processing,
etc.). Florian is the person to ask for more details on this one (in CC).

Happy hacking!

Christian