summer-of-code

Re: [gnu-soc] GNU Social

From: Diogo Cordeiro
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] GNU Social
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 14:27:00 +0000

Hi,

I have submitted my draft proposal in the GSoC platform for the GNU Social ActivityPub plugin.

I've talked with Mikael Nordfeldth and he agreed on being my mentor.

I thought it would be a good idea to write an email reporting the updates here...

Regards,
Diogo

On 16 January 2018 at 13:44, Giuseppe Scrivano <address@hidden> wrote:
Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> writes:

> *appears*
> s/comphreensive/comprehensive
> *disappears*
>
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:59 AM, Diogo Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hey! :)
>>
>> Well, based on that, I think the current GNU Social HTML snippet would be
>> something like:

>> <h3 id="social"><a href="" href="http://www.gnu.org/software/social" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.gnu.org/software/social">GNU
>> Social</a></h3>
>> communications. It is widely supported and has a large userbase. It is
>> already used by the Free Software Foundation.</p>
>>
>> <h4 id="social-activitypub-support">
>>   Get (at least basic) ActivityPub support via a plugin into GNU Social
>> </h4>

>>   There are some architectural ideas/philosophies that make parts of AP
>>   hard to implement - the private message bits primarily.
>>   Supporting AP would be greatly benificial to the fediverse - especially
>>   when it comes to simplifying app/client development, since that's part
>>   of the spec and something OStatus does not cover.

>>   <strong>Skills</strong>: Good understanding of PHP, being able to read
>>   someone else's code, being able to follow a comphreensive spec.<br>
>>
>> <h4 id="social-database-migration">
>>   Migrate GNU Social's database
>> </h4>

>>   Much desired large and tedious task.

>>   <strong>Skills</strong>: Good understanding of PHP and SQL,
>>   being able to read someone else's code.<br>

Thanks, pushed with the typo fixed.

Regards,
Giuseppe