summer-of-code

[gnu-soc] Automake - Summer of Code - Has any student taken on the "Pars

From: luukh
Subject: [gnu-soc] Automake - Summer of Code - Has any student taken on the "Parse Makefile.am using an Abstract Syntax Tree" project?
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:04:28 -0700

Hi GNU staff,

I'm a Junior student in Computer Science at Oregon State University, US.

This afternoon, I just heard about this project from my Compiler class instructor which I just finished, so I'm totally aware that I'm very late to the party.

I'm interested in the project "Parse Makefile.am using an Abstract Syntax Tree".  I have 2 questions:
  1. Has any student has proposed or taken on this project yet?
  2. If there has been, should I or am I allowed to propose/apply to this project?
Once I receive a "yes" from you, I will start writing the proposal immediately and finished it in a day for you to revise.

A brief related technical background about me:

Thank you for your time.

- Khuong Luu
Github: https://github.com/khashf