swarm-gis

New GRASS-SWARM class

From: Jim Westervelt
Subject: New GRASS-SWARM class
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:03:09 -0600

Dear folks interested in a GRASS-SWARM (or is that SWARM-GRASS) interface:
I've created a new class: GrassDiscrete2d.  It can be found at
   ftp://ftp.gis.uiuc.edu/westervelt/grass.swarm.tar.Z
The associated README.grass file is included here:

======================================================================:1

This is the readme file for a new SWARM class called GrassDiscrete2d
Earlier effort:

Pretty much a complete rework of an earlier effort by Douglas Briggs
at the GMSlab (http://www.gis.uiuc.edu) during the Spring semester
1996.  Michael Shapiro (of GRASS) and Roger Burkhart (of SWARM)
provided guidance.
Contents:

"grass" directory: The GrassDiscrete2d class and test program
                   Also contains a sample GRASS data base.
"grass_display_demo" directory: Demonstrates visualizing a map
"grass_w_agent" directory: Demonstrates agent interaction with a map
Relies on:

This is based on the latest version of GRASS which I prefer to call
GRASS 5.0 as it has significant data base changes over 4.1.  Some
call it 4.2.  Can be cobbled together from the 4.1 release and
associated upgrades.  Perhaps I can make available GRASS 5.0 binaries
and src for Solaris 5.x ??

GrassDiscrete2d has only been tested under Solaris 5.5
Change to Makefile.conf

Makefile.conf in the swarm home dir needs to point to your GRASS
libraries.  I've added the following lines to our Makefile.conf:

SETUP=GMSLAB

ifeq ($(SETUP),GMSLAB)
# GMSLAB at the Univ of Illinois' setup
LDCONFIG=bin
SYS=solaris
GRASSLIBS = -L/apps/grass/4.2/src/src/libes/LIB.solaris5.5 -lgis
OTHERLIBS= $(GRASSLIBS) -lnsl -ldl
endif
Running demos

grass/run, grass_display_demo/run1, and grass_w_agent/run1 are
shell scripts that establish the required SWARM and GRASS environment
variables and then runs the compiled program.

grass_display_demo/run2 and grass_w_agent/run2 are
shell scripts that establish the required SWARM environment
variables and then runs the compiled program.  Use this when you
are in a GRASS shell.  Note that you will need to create a GRASS
raster map of your choice iwht the name "x".

Cheers, Jim Westervelt   address@hidden

   Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
   and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration
   needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to
   <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.