swarm-gis

[Swarm-GIS] PostGIS

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: [Swarm-GIS] PostGIS
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:58:56 -0700

Does anyone have experience with this package?

http://postgis.refractions.net

I'm wondering how many queries a second (on, say, a 3Ghz P4) of the kind "look around" it could execute using several layers of feature classes, and how many transactions a second it could handle (agent moves). More generally, has anyone tried (with Swarm or otherwise) using a real geodatabase to hold agents and the landscape?

What I basically want is something like ESRI's ArcObjects geodatabase but something I can scale up on a Linux cluster. I imagine having incoming/outgoing agent queues on each node on the cluster to handle agent migration, and instances of PostGIS (or whatever) running on each.