Re: correction

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: correction
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 12:52:22 -0500

At 03:38 PM 4/23/97 PDT, Chris Landauer wrote:

>the URL for the complex systems meeting is wrong on their announcement 8-)
>
>it should be http://www.necsi.org
>(they seem to have forgotten the www.)
>
>more later,
>cal

Sorry, wrong-o! The site can be accessed either way.
(There is no requirement that a URL start with 'www.')

Question: was this 'correction' based on empirical knowledge,
or on a priori assumptions ... ?

(I guess I should refrain from making comments about stunning
anti-intellectualism, but the temptation is awesome ... ;-)

Cheers,
--Sven