forwarded message from OOCL "Agent Modelling"

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: forwarded message from OOCL "Agent Modelling"
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 12:02:05 -0600

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Agent Modelling Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 07:48:40 -0500
Dear Friends at OTUG and OOCl:

We have recently "talked" much about agents and CAS.  Did anyone get to see
an OO model of an agent or a CAS system?  Not just yet, right?

Well, in the current edition of JOOP, June 1997, which also includes ROAD
now, there is an article titled:

"Multiagent system design based on OO patterns"

by Elizabeth Kendall, Margaret T. Malkoun and Chong Jiang.  (It also
includes their email addresses which is nice in case you want to get the
models from the authors.  I am sure they won't mind sharing this info since
they are at an "edu" address.)

They discuss there what they call an "agent pattern".  This pattern is_a
pattern in the Martin Fowler sense - it is more of a reusable agent model.
But anyhow for those of you crazed about OO models, and crazed about CAS,
and crazed about patterns, there is a "real model" there, not just talk.
They also model "sensors" and "effectors", "intentions", "declarative
knowledge" and yes is a threaded system and it is all modelled with Booch
notation.

For the some of you that are wondering what is CAS here are some
resources to get started with:

http://journals.wiley.com/1076-2787/sites.html

- Mike

* Hey, I am an enthusiast too, just every now and then is nice to see a
"real thing".
 Michael A. Beedle Ph. D.          Framework Technologies Inc.
 Principal                         1901 N. Roselle Rd., Suite 800
                                   Schaumburg, Illinois.
 (312) 218-6562                    (847) 490-7110
 address@hidden
 http://www.fti-consulting.com/users/beedlem/
 Management and Technical Consultants specializing in:
 BPR, Enterprise System Architectures, Project Management, OMG-BAA
 OOAD(UML), Inter/Intra NET solutions, Java, CORBA, DCOM & C++.

--- End Message ---
--
{glen e. p. ropella <address@hidden> |  Send lawyers, guns, and money!  }
{Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            }