Re: A whiff of reality...

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: A whiff of reality...
Date: 02 May 2000 10:24:50 -0700

DS> My hope is that there will be a nice drag and drop interface that
DS> can vary the topology of the interactions, the utility functions
DS> and nature of actors, etc.  This would expedite and reduce the
DS> cost of model development for professional researchers as well.

We hope to work with some folks from the Institute for Ecological
Economics at the University of Maryland on just such a interface.

Meanwhile, I've started work on the COM/XML/Mozilla infrastructure for
the Swarm side of things.  Most of this infrastructure should show up
in 2.2: essentially the ability to write Swarm simulations in
JavaScript and to embed this code in a structured XML document.  This
infrastructure will facilitate running Swarm simulations inside a web
browser using small-but-dense model specifications consumed from
arbitrary URLs.

(These small-but-dense model specifications would be a target for
a drag-and-drop interface of the kind you describe.)