Re: Shortest Path Algorithm

From: Andre Costa
Subject: Re: Shortest Path Algorithm
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:38:41 +0930 (CST)

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Krishnan Viswanathan wrote:

> If anyone has implemented a shortest path algorithm in Swarm I would
> appreciate it if you could give me pointers on implementing it.

I have written code for Dijkstra's algorithm using the Java interface. The
algorithm is written as a method of a basic "network" class which reads
in a 0-1 "topology" matrix from a text file. The Dijkstra method returns
the cost/delay value of the shortest path between any two nodes, but does
not specify the actual path(s) in terms of an ordered set of nodes. I can
clean it up and mail the code to you if this will be useful.

Cheers,
Andre

Andre Costa
Research Student

Teletraffic Research Centre           Telephone: (08) 8303 3237
Department of Applied Mathematics     Fax:       (08) 8303 4395
University of Adelaide                Email:address@hidden
South Australia  5005