infectious disease modelling

From: Megan Murray
Subject: infectious disease modelling
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 12:18:03 -0400

Hi, I am an infectious disease epidemiologist at the harvard school of public health working on micro-simulation models of infectious disease transmission and the use of molecular markers to track transmission and study the short term evolution of infectious organisms. I had been writing my own programs in Gauss and have just now heard about swarm. I was wondering if you knew of anyone doing work with infectious disease transmission dynamics in swarm from whom I might be able to get some guidance on whether I could translate my models into swarm and if there were any advantage in doing so. I am modelling both between people transmission and molecular change in the organism over time. I'd appreciate any info you can give me, thanks,
                                                        Megan Murray