Re: fractional time values in an integer Schedule (sort of)

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: fractional time values in an integer Schedule (sort of)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:17:42 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

> hihi, all -

> the problem seems to me to be how to send out an integer number of packets
> when the computed rate is not an integer (e.g., 2.43) -

You are using terms with which I am unfamiliar. What do you mean
"packets"?  What does it mean "send out 2 packets in the usual way."  I
understand Swarm schedules, but not your terms.  I also don't know what
you mean "backcompute F()" or what criterion you use to decide it is
unreasonable.

Can you clarify, or give a small example swarm code for it?

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn