Re: Swarm Intelligence; Simple Heuristics

From: Dawn Trembath
Subject: Re: Swarm Intelligence; Simple Heuristics
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:59:45 -0400

Steve,

I haven't actually read Gigerenzer's book, but I looked into his recent work several months ago. Here is a link to some of the work being done in his lab, including the simple heuristics info. As far as I could tell, it relates to agent design only in that it provides one of many possible ways to implement agent decision-making. If this aspect interest you, I'd be happy to discuss it further.

http://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/abc/

Dawn

S Railsback <address@hidden> writes:
I just got a book flyer from Oxford University press that advertises the
following two books. Does anyone know enough about them to comment on
their value to those of us trying to design and understand Swarm models?

Gigerenzer, Todd, and ABD Research Group. 1999. Simple Heuristics that
Make Us Smart. ("simple rules for making decisions when time is
pressing..."- sounds appealing for agent-based simulation).

Dawn Trembath
Cognitive Psychology
University of North Carolina