Re: Ask Dr. Random

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Ask Dr. Random
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:44:24 -0600

Hey Steve (whether I know more about probability than you do, or not):

I am painfully aware that the set of random distributions available in the Swarm random library is (ahem) somewhat skimpy. As soon as I finish a current little after-hours project I'm working on, I shall turn my attention to remedying that deficiency.

In the mean time, one place you can go to find distributions is the GSL library, which can be found at

<http://sourceware.cygnus.com/gsl/> or, as it is known these days, <http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/>.

Two places to go for general info on random issues:

<http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Apps/CMP/PRNG/www-rng.html>
<http://random.mat.sbg.ac.at>

Hope that was at least a little helpful,
Sven