[no subject]

From: Reid, Reyhan
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:26:03 -0400

Hello.  I just stumbled accross the SWARM website in my attempts to locate
analysis tools that model terrorism, assymetric warfare, and the like.  I'm
a research assistant at the American Institutes for Research (AIR) and we're
reporting to the Defense Modeling and Simulation Office (DMSO).  My main
goal right now is to find products already in the works that may assisting
in meeting DMSO's modeling and simulation needs.  My understanding of Swarm,
based on the website, is still pretty limited.  I know that it allows users
to run several agent-modeling simulations concurrently and is capable of
provides feedback that can be used in analysis.  I don't understand, however
whether Swarm has a repository of simulations that are available and coded
in a way that allows them to seamlessly interact with others in a
fedaration.  Is this the case?  Or is there a way for simulations to
interact and share information about each other without a common language?
If so, how does it work?

Thanks,
Reyhan Reid I Research Assistant
American Institutes for Research I www.air.org