[Swarm-Modelling] Individual-based Modeling at the 2005 Conference on Na

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Individual-based Modeling at the 2005 Conference on Natural Resource Modeling
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:22:34 -0800

Humboldt State University is hosting the Resource Modeling Association’s 2005 international conference, June 14-17th. The conference is to provide a forum for new developments in modeling and analysis of natural resource systems, particularly ecological, economic, and management aspects in forestry, fisheries, wildlife, agriculture, ecosystem and biodiversity conservation, and management of multiple use resources.

We are especially emphasizing agent-based and individual-based modeling at this conference, as it one of our own research interests (see: http://www.humboldt.edu/~ecomodel ). Individual-based approaches will be addressed in two keynote talks and in a one-day workshop following the conference. We also plan to fill at least one half-day special session with contributed presentations.

Researchers and managers who use, or are considering using, individual-based models are encouraged to attend and submit papers. The conference will be this June 14-17 in Arcata, on the beautiful redwood coast of northern California. Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are due May 1. Information is at: http://www.humboldt.edu/~ecomodel/conference2005/index.htm

Steve Railsback
HSU Department of Mathematics