Re: [Swarm-Modelling] True concurrency?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] True concurrency?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:22:08 -0500

Schedules with many actions at a time can be processed either in a "first come first serve" or "randomized" model. I believe thesimplest example to consult is Heatbugs, where that is an option. In the Opinion-2.0 example (my web site) , I have 3 scheduling variants you can consider.

pj

Valmir Meneses wrote:

Hi, Is Swarm concurrent (agents run concurrently) or implements threaded schedules like "swarm-alike" Repast? A bit more detailed. Repast runs the agent action within a schedule. At some tick, the agent list is scanned and each agent is given attention. But, as far as I know, the agents do not run concurrently. Within each tick, the agents are chosen randomly to determine who will have attention. Repast implements "simulated concurrency". Since Repast claims to be based in Swarm, I wonder what is the Swarm behaviour?
Thanks for your help,