Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Hello- Few questions about Swarm applications to S

From: Vitorino RAMOS
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Hello- Few questions about Swarm applications to SCM
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:39:28 +0000

Hi Yogeshwar:

Well, this really depends on what kind of paradigmatic approach you may want to use, in order to solve supply chain problems.
This does not depend at all on the SWARM software.
If it is a distributed one, e.g. MAS Multi-agent systems , Swarm Intelligence or else, there is quite good chances that the SWARM platform may help you out.

For instance, a manufacturer, one retailer and customers may be viewed as edges in one big network, where agents meet and evolve. You could also look at the problem, as a combinatorial optimization problem, solved by distributed ant-like-agents: Have a look here:

http://www.aco-metaheuristic.org/publications.html#SOP

http://www.idsia.ch/~luca/has-sop.html

http://www.aco-metaheuristic.org/publications.html#SCH

Anyway, after determining what conceptual approach you may wish to follow, you can really undertake to code it over SWARM. Many of its features and libraries are quite universal (http://www.swarm.org/swarmdocs-2.2/set/set.html), and can overcome your conceptual translation.

Best, v.

~ v. ramos. http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos/,
[...] Interactions among many sporuliferous and ubiquitous abstractions may lead to increasing reality [...], Vitorino Ramos, 2001.