Re: [Swarm-Modelling] ABMs on Graphical Processor Units

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] ABMs on Graphical Processor Units
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:27:21 -0700

Unfortunately, Swarm, Repast, MASON, NetLogo, EcoLab, ASCAPE etc are all
discrete event simulators designed for von-Neumann architectures. To use
Cell, GPUs etc, you have to go data-parallel like we did.
Also, I have been trying to get NSF to fund this research. Not much luck
till now. I was wondering if anybody here who work in the application
areas would be able to write me support letters.
Btw, I certainly think this is the sort of thing the SDG should help
support.   I'll bug the directors and see if we can at least get a
letter together.

Thanks for the heads-up on your work!