tee and swarm apps?

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: tee and swarm apps?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 13:08:39 -0500 (EST)

I mentioned this problem a week or so ago and I still have it:
Compare:
    axelcult
    axelcult | tee log1
Do you get what I get, ie, with tee the debugging output
from axelcult (after a GO), doesn't come out to screen or to log file?
Ginger Booth says she gets this problem on her swarm/hpux's as well,
and she also mentioned that

   axelcult >log1
   axelcult 2>log2

didn't produce anything in the log files, either.

Do these things work as expected on sun's?
Anyone have ideas why it doesn't work on hpux's, or what
I might try to see what's at fault?

someone, maybe roger b., asked if tee works otherwise---yes it does
work for other programs I have, for output from hpux commands, etc.
So its something special being down in swarm/tck/tk.

thanks.
 - r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
1061 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/rlr-home.html