Beta user survey

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Beta user survey
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 95 12:15:02 MST

We've put together a small survey for our beta users. Please take the
time to fill this out and send it back <address@hidden>. We've got
two goals here: in the short term, I want to make sure that the next
version we send out fixes whatever problems you had in this version.
In the long term, we need to have an idea how things are going, what
is most crucial to do next.

Questions:

        1) Versions:

                a) Which OS are you using and what version of it?

                b) Which version(s) of swarm have you worked-with?

        2) Installation:

                a) how did the installation process go?

                b) If you have built Swarm more than once, how did
                        the later installs differ from the first install?

                c) Did you have to make particular changes to make
                        Swarm compile? What were they?

        3) Supplied Applications: (heatbugs, mousetrap, market, etc.)

                a) Have the applications worked? What problems have
                        you encountered with them?

                b) Are the applications and their documentation clear?
                        do the code and comments make sense?

        4) Your own applications:

                a) have you started to build your own applications yet?

                b) If yes, are they significantly different from any of the
                        supplied applications?

                c) What problems have you had in building your own apps?

        5) Swarm itself:

                a) Does Swarm itself make sense to you? If not, what do
                        you find confusing or even wrong-headed? What
                        do you consider good, useful, or promising?

                b) Given that the documentation is admittedly sparse,
                        what documentation do you consider most helpful
                        now, and what would be the most critical kind
                        of documentation to have in the near future?

                c) Given that the libraries are still incomplete or even
                        nonexistant - what feature(s) do you consider
                        of highest priority to be added (or improved)
                        in the near future?

                d) What support tools (editors, browsers, visualization tools
                        etc.) would you most like to see added soon?

        6) On a scale of 1-10, list your frustration index:
                (0 = not at all frustrated, 10 = threw it out the window and
                 don't intend to ever talk to you folks again....)

        7) Please make any additional comments or suggestions,